It’s been awhile since I’ve done a beer review, so I’m cheating a bit here! Everything in this picture was really good, so here’s the brief rundown going from left to right:
1) Heavy Seas Mutiny Fleet Siren Noire: Imperial Chocolate Stout. Not as candy-like as Young’s Double Chocolate, but then nothing really is. This is more of a sipping kind of beer with a good amount of kick.
2) Smuttynose Shoal Pale Ale: Very smooth. Like an IPA but not nearly as hoppy. A nice beer to have with dinner or to have if you want more than a few!
3) Monk’s Blood: Belgian style dark ale brewed by 21st Amendment in Cold Springs, Minnesota. Dark Red hue, hence the name Monk’s Blood. Mild spicey flavorings, including nutmeg and cinnamon. Comes in a very attractive box, which contains four cans inside.
4) Scotty Karate: Very nice scotch ale. I’ve had this in a snifter at the Buckeye Beer Engine before, but never in a bottle. Very strong at 9.75% alc., but surprisingly smooth with a smokey flavor, not unlike a high end scotch.
5) Great Divide Titan IPA: Just a really nice IPA. If you like the Dogfish Head 60 minute or 90 minute IPAs, or any of the IPA from Lagunitas, you’ll definitely dig this.